5.11.2016

Feelin' Awesome! *Hip Kit Club*

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I shared one last layout that I created using the April 2016 Hip Kits on the Hip Kit Club blog yesterday. I wanted to focus on using some of the lovely wood veneer pieces from  the Simple Stories "Life Color" collection that's available in the April 2016 Embellishment Kit and the My Mind's Eye "My Story" Wood Veneer Shapes that are available in the April 2016 Project Life Kit on this layout. While you can color or alter wood veneer using ink or embossing powder, I chose to leave mine "as is" for my earthy-toned page about my two youngest kiddos getting excited for the last day of school to arrive.
feelinawesome2

I used the large ampersand cut file (available in the April 2016 Downloads) designed by the lovely and talented Kim Watson and cut it out on a piece of white card stock. After I cut out the ampersand, I used the two Shimmerz Coloringz Vibrant Mists from the April 2016 Color Kit to give it more of a mixed media look. I layered the cut file on top of the b-side of the Maggie Holmes "Bloom" Flutter patterned paper from Crate Paper (available in the April 2016 Paper Kit) and placed my photo strip on top, near the middle of my page.

feelinawesome3

I typed my journaling on my computer and placed it under one of the Pinkfresh Studio "Life Noted" Epoxy Stickers (available in the April 2016 Project Life Kit) and layered one of the My Mind's Eye Wood Veneer Stickers at the top of my photo strip. I also added a few of the Shimelle "Star Shine" Phrase and Alphabet Stickers that are also in the April 2016 Project Life Kit around my photo strip as well.

feelinawesome6

I added my title using the Black Mini Alphabet Stickers from Elle's Studio (available in the April 2016 Project Life Kit) and one of the Pinkfresh Studio "Life Noted" Acetate Words that's included in the April 2016 Main Kit. I added a wood veneer butterfly from My Mind's Eye, a camera wood veneer shape from Simple Stories, and a couple of the My Mind's Eye "On Trend 2" Enamel Dots near my title to help draw the eye around my page.

feelinawesome5

I completed my page by sprinkling a little black spray ink around my layout to coordinate with the black letter stickers in my title and to add a little extra pop of color. I just love how well the earthy colors coordinate with the wood veneer elements on this layout! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Adrienne Alvis Graphic

No comments:

Post a Comment